Every Tree Counts
The Foundation is excited to announce new grants available for 2017/2018 as part of the Every Tree Counts campaign
Funding support from the City of Toronto allows the Foundation to make grants available to encourage private land tree planting, to facilitate community participation and to build capacity critical to achieving Toronto's tree canopy goals. Every Tree Counts is our tree planting campaign.
- New Tree For Me grants are now available under this campaign
- Tree For Me grants are aimed for registered charities or for community organizations who partner with a registered charity
- Tree For Me grants enable community groups to match Toronto residents with no-charge, native trees for planting on private land
- Tree For Me grants are for all group types, including those with no prior environmental programming, are encouraged to apply
- Tree For Me grants can be used to deliver trees to residents through an organized event, a tree delivery program or to start or enhance a community project
- Tree For Me, has a rolling deadline to submit
- Events in 2017 should be held from September to November, and in the Spring for 2018.
- Full details and online application can be found at www.everytreecounts.ca
Every Tree Counts is a collective movement in Toronto to grow our tree canopy to 40%. We are engaging all Torontonians - that means you. Whether planting a tree at home, school or work, donating to the cause, or simply taking care of the trees we have - we are greening Toronto together.
Toronto City Council adopted this goal in 2013 as part of the City of Toronto's Strategic Forest Management Plan. The City's Urban Forestry department plants approximately 100,000 trees on public land annually. However, the greatest availability of land to plant trees is on private property. To meet the tree canopy target of 40% in the next 50 years, 300,000 trees must be planted in Toronto each year. The City’s estimates show only half this target is being met and that the greatest potential for planting is on private land, where currently only 25,000 trees are being planted annually.
That's why everyone's participation is critical to achieving Toronto's tree canopy goals. Let's get planting!
Visit our new and improved site for our campaign, everytreecounts.ca , for all details.
Make your trees count by tracking your trees planted here greenleafchallenge.ca
Help increase tree cover in Toronto - Donate Now